Saturday 24 January 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon Henschel and Travis Hanson.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mystery!: Malice Aforethought.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaga or Jawbreaker.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1981 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Brandon Henschel: American actor and dancer.
- Travis Hanson: American baseball player.
- Michael Wolf: German ice hockey player.
- Islanders scored 5 power play goals against Nordiques
- Kim Hughes scores 213 versus India at Adelaide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Diana Ross - It's My Turn
- The Police - De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?