Monday 24 January 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Riya Sen and Craig Horner.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Year of Living Dangerously, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ant Attack or Hover Bovver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1983 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Riya Sen: Movie Actress.
- Craig Horner: TV Actor.
- Davide Biondini: Italian footballer.
- Diane Birch: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Wyatt Crockett: New Zealand rugby player.
- Frankie Grande: American actor singer and dancer
- Shaun Maloney: Scottish footballer
- Scott Speed: American Formula One driver.
- George Cukor, American film director, dies of stroke and heart attack at age 83 (born 1899).
- Hulk Hogan pins the Iron Sheik for World Wrestling Federation title.
- Lotus 1-2-3 is released for IBM-PC compatible computers.
- Red rain falls in the UK, caused by sand from the Sahara Desert in the droplets.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?