Sunday 24 January 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Frozen, directed by Adam Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 January 2010 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 January
- Pernell Roberts: American actor & singer, last surviving star of Bonanza (Born 1928).
- Aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- Haiti is rocked by another earthquake. (TVNZ)
- The Haitian government announces the death toll from the recent earthquake has reached 150,000 in the capital Port-au-Prince alone. (BBC)
- A minute's silence is held before games in the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations. (CNN)
- France holds two fund-raising concerts in Le Zénith de Paris and the Bataclan. (France24)
- In the National Football League, the Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints win playoff games to advance to Super Bowl XLIV. (AP)
- One person is killed and three more are injured when an explosion occurs at a thermo-electric plant near Gryfino, Poland. (''The Irish Times'')
- The Chinese government denies state involvement in the cyber attacks on Google, while the state-run ''China Daily'' newspaper accuses the United States of hypocrisy. (''China Daily'')
- A flight operated by Kolavia on behalf of Taban Air crashes on landing at Mashhad International Airport, Iran, injuring at least 46 people. (''The New York Times'')
- The Venezuelan government takes six cable television channels off the air, including RCTV, after they refused to transmit government messages. (''The New York Times'')
- Osama Bin Laden claims responsibility for the failed Christmas day bombing attempt in Detroit, USA, last year. (VOA)
- Afghanistan postpones its upcoming parliamentary elections to 18 September due to lack of funds and security concerns. (''The New York Times'')
- North Korea says any attempt by South Korea to launch pre-emptive strikes against its nuclear facilities will be considered a declaration of war. (''The New York Times'')
- Quentin Tarantino's ''Inglourious Basterds'' wins the top prize at the 16th Screen Actors Guild Awards, with Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock winning best actors. (''The New York Times'')
- A spokesman for U.S. President Barack Obama expresses the administration's support for a second term for the incumbent Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke, and says lawmakers would send a bad message by ampquotplaying politics in any wayampquot with Bernanke's confirmation. (ABC News)
- Sri Lankan opposition candidate General Sarath Fonseka receives the support of former President Chandrika Kumaratunga in the 2010 presidential election. (BBC)
- The citizens of Nago, Okinawa, elect mayor Susumu Inamine, an opponent of the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma, which is crucial for Japan – United States relations. (BBC News)
- Authorities in Wales arrest two people in connection with the abandonment at the cathedral in Carlow, Ireland of an 8-month-old baby taken from Nottinghamshire, England. (BBC)
- James Cameron's ''Avatar'' becomes (not accounting for inflation) the second highest grossing movie in the United States and Canada and the best selling movie overseasamp!-- as well as the best selling movie worldwide--amp. (''HollywoodReporter'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?