Tuesday 24 January 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 24 January 2012 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Athena : Danish princess, styled Countess of Monpezat.
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising: 52 civilians are killed by Syrian security forces, 39 of which were killed in the city of Hama alone. (Naharnet)
- 2011–2012 Egyptian revolution: Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, lifts Egypt's state of emergency a day before the anniversary of the revolution. (Al Arabiya)
- In Libya, the town of Bani Walid, a former stronghold of Muammar Gaddafi, revolts against the National Transitional Council government. (Reuters)
- Nominations for the 2012 Academy Awards are announced (Academy Awards website).
- Andrew Miller's novel ''Pure'' wins the 2011 Costa Book of the Year Award. (''The Guardian'')
- Apple Inc. announces that the technology generated over $127 billion in revenue during 2011. Apple sold over 37 million iPhones and over 15 million iPads during the fourth quarter of 2011. (CNN)
- Floods in Mozambique cut off the country's main north-south motorway. (IOL)
- Spanish judge Baltasar Garzón, who indicted the Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet in 1998, is put on trial for supposedly overstepping his powers after he tried to investigate the disappearance of 114,000 people between 1936 and 1975 during the reign of Francisco Franco. (BBC)
- United States President Barack Obama presents his 2012 State of the Union Address to the United States Congress. (CNN)
- New York Yankees catcher Jorge Posada retires from baseball after 17 seasons with the Yankees. Many consider him a possibility for the Hall of Fame. (MLB.com)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?