Sunday 24 July 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James J Howard and Wilfred Josephs.
For the Love of Mike, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1927 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- James J Howard: (Rep-D-New Jersey, 1965- ).
- Wilfred Josephs: Composer.
- Robert Boutigny: French champion canoeist-kayaker.
- Alex Katz: American painter with one-man exhibitions in U.S.
- Virginia McKinney: American astrologer who joined AFA in April 1972.
- Claude Sarraute: French writer, a reporter and author. Her books have not been translated into English.
- Zara Mints: Russian-Estonian philologist and academic (d. 1990)
- Ryunosuke Akutagawa: Japanese writer active in the Taishō period in Japan.
- The Menin Gate war memorial is unveiled at Ypres.
- The Menin Gate War Memorial is dedicated at Ypres, Belgium.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 July 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?