Wednesday 24 July 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1929 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Cornelius Charlton: American military death, he died in Korea and was dubbed by The Saturday Evening Post 'The Hero of Hill 543'.
- Pierre Rosenstiel-Heller: Strasbourg physician.
- Alfred Binns: West Indian cricketer.
- John Haley: American banker.
- Hedda J Garza: Writer / political activist.
- Peter Yates: Director (Breaking Away, Bullitt)
- New York to San Francisco footrace ends (2.5 months) winner is 60-year-old Monteverde.
- President Herbert Hoover proclaims Kellogg-Briand Pact which renounces war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?