Wednesday 24 July 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hedda J Garza and Peter Yates.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1929 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Hedda J Garza: Writer / political activist.
- Peter Yates: Director (Breaking Away, Bullitt).
- Alfred Binns: West Indian cricketer.
- Cornelius Charlton: American military death, he died in Korea and was dubbed by The Saturday Evening Post 'The Hero of Hill 543'.
- John Haley: American banker.
- Pierre Rosenstiel-Heller: Strasbourg physician
- New York to San Francisco footrace ends (2.5 months) winner is 60-year-old Monteverde.
- President Herbert Hoover proclaims Kellogg-Briand Pact which renounces war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?