Saturday 24 July 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Baroness Blatch and Barry Lloyd Vercoe.
It Pays to Advertise!, directed by Anders Henrikson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1937 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Baroness Blatch: British Minister of State for Education.
- Barry Lloyd Vercoe: Composer.
- Pierre Hamez: French priest.
- Manoj Kumar: Indian actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Quinlan Terry: English architect designed the Brentwood Cathedral.
- Alabama drops rape charges against the so-called ''Scottsboro Boys''.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?