Wednesday 24 July 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1940 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Dan Hedaya: American actor.
- Carroll A Campbell Jr: (Rep-R-South Carolina, 1979-86).
- Ethan Blackaby: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder with the Milwaukee Braves between 1962 and 1964.
- Adriano Durante: .
- Stanley Hauerwas: American theologian.
- 1st illegal Newsletter of Pieter It Hen publishes in the Netherlands
- Linthorst Homan, de Quay and Einthoven forms Dutch Union
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?