Monday 24 July 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Thompson and Daniel Morelon.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1944 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Barbara Thompson: Jazz musician / composer / bandleader.
- Daniel Morelon: French track cycling racer, triple Olympic champion: twice in 1968 (sprint, and tandem, associated to Pierre Trentin) and once in 1972 (sprint).
- Jan-Carl Raspe: German terrorist, a member of the Red Army activist group led by Andreas Baader in Berlin.
- Jim Armstrong: Rock guitarist (Them).
- Jan Postma: Leader of illegal Dutch party (CPN), executed at 49.
- 300 allied bombers drop fire bombs on Allied / German positions
- Soviet forces liberate concentration camp Majdanek
- US troops land on Tinian
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?