Monday 24 July 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1944 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Jim Armstrong: Rock guitarist (Them).
- Barbara Thompson: Jazz musician / composer / bandleader.
- Jan-Carl Raspe: German terrorist, a member of the Red Army activist group led by Andreas Baader in Berlin.
- Daniel Morelon: French track cycling racer, triple Olympic champion: twice in 1968 (sprint, and tandem, associated to Pierre Trentin) and once in 1972 (sprint).
- Jan Postma: Leader of illegal Dutch party (CPN), executed at 49.
- 300 allied bombers drop fire bombs on Allied / German positions
- Soviet forces liberate concentration camp Majdanek
- US troops land on Tinian
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?