Thursday 24 July 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Possessed, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1947 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Geoffrey McQueen: TV writer.
- M Jacques Fouroux: Rugby player.
- Michael Coveney: Drama critic.
- Neil McIntosh: CEO (VSO, Center for British Teaching).
- Robert Hays in Bethesda: Maryland, USA; actor (Airplane!, Starman, Scandalous).
- Peter Serkin in New York City: New York, USA; pianist (Tashi).
- Jacques Fouroux: French rugby union player and coach who captained France when they won the Grand Slam in 1977, and was the manager when the side repeated the feat in 1981 and 1987. He died on 17 December 2005, aged 58, of a heart attack.
- Barbara Hale: American noted acting family, the daughter of Bill Williams and Barbara Hale, and sister of Bill Katt.
- Peter Serkin: American piano prodigy who made his concert debut on 11/29/1959 at the age of 12. He was well on his way to a successful career by the age of 17; however, his career progress was hampered by his severe stage fright. He was the son of world famous pianist Rudolph Serkin and the grandson of violinist, Adolf Busch, as well as, nephew of conductor, Fritz Busch. He was a enjoying a successful recording career which started in 1965 until he went through a "hippie phase" in 1967. He dropped out of the
- Zaheer Abbas: Pakistani cricketer and manager
- Geoff McQueen: English screenwriter and producer (d. 1994)
- Ernest Austin: Composer, dies at 72.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?