Tuesday 24 July 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lynda Carter in Phoenix and Stephen Jefferies.
Oliver Twist, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1951 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Lynda Carter in Phoenix: Arizona, USA; Miss USA/actress (Wonder Woman, Billie Jo).
- Stephen Jefferies: German-British ballet dancer with the Royal Ballet, Convent Garden, London.
- Lynda Carter: TV Actress.
- Chris Smith: Baron Smith of Finsbury English politician Secretary of State for Culture Media and Sport.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Champ Butler
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?