Thursday 24 July 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Ivanhoe, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1952 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Jerry Augustine: American pro athlete, a baseball player who was pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers from 1975-1984.
- Gus Van Sant: American filmmaker.
- Vin Weber: (Rep-R-MN, 1981- ).
- Emile Zatopek runs Olympic record 5K (14:06.6)
- President Truman settles 53-day steel strike
- US President Harry Truman settles 53-day steel strike.
- 112 degrees F (44 degrees C), Louisville, Georgia (state record).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?