Saturday 24 July 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Pushover, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1954 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Philippe Alliot: Race driver (grand prix).
- Karl Stewart: American career criminal who was sentenced to ten years prison for burglary in 1973, another ten years for burglary in 1980, and 25 years for armed robbery in 1986.
- Erdoğan Arıca: Turkish footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Günter Böttcher: German handball player (d. 2012).
- Mary Church Terrell: educator/civil rights leader, dies at age 90.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?