Saturday 24 July 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Alliot and Karl Stewart.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Pushover, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1954 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Philippe Alliot: Race driver (grand prix).
- Karl Stewart: American career criminal who was sentenced to ten years prison for burglary in 1973, another ten years for burglary in 1980, and 25 years for armed robbery in 1986.
- Erdoğan Arıca: Turkish footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Günter Böttcher: German handball player (d. 2012).
- Mary Church Terrell: educator/civil rights leader, dies at age 90.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?