Tuesday 24 July 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1956 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Denis Colin: French bass clarinettist and composer.
- Charlie Crist: American lawyer and politician 44th Governor of Florida.
- Pat Finn: American game show host and producer.
- Charles Crist: American politician.
- Dan Kennedy: American media critic and commentator whose daughter suffers from achondroplasia, a genetic condition commonly known as dwarfism.
- Dodgers lose to the Reds, 2-1, playing in Jesey City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?