Thursday 24 July 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pam Tills and Joe Barry Carroll.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Yakety Yak by The Coasters.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1958 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Pam Tills: Country music artist.
- Joe Barry Carroll: American basketball player.
- Joe Carroll: American athlete, pro basketball player for 10 seasons beginning in 1980.
- Markus Jehle: German pro astrologer and editor of Meridian, the most popular German astrological magazine.
- Mick Karn: Cypriot-English guitarist and songwriter (Japan Dalis Car NiNa and JBK) (d. 2011).
- Jim Leighton: Scottish footballer and coach
- 14 people named 1st life peers in the UK
- Ted Williams is fined $250 for spitting at Boston fans again
- The first life peerage under the Life Peerages Act 1958 is created in the United Kingdom.
- Explorer program: Explorer 4 is launched.
- Elizabeth II gives her son and heir apparent The Prince Charles the customary title of Prince of Wales.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?