Friday 24 July 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1964 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Pedro Passos Coelho: Portuguese politician and the 118th Prime Minister of Portugal, in office since 2011.
- Pedro Coelho: Portuguese economist and politician 118th Prime Minister of Portugal.
- Urmas Kaljend: Estonian footballer.
- John Rosengren: American journalist and author.
- Banana Yoshimoto: Japanese author.
- Barry Bonds: American athlete, record-setting professional baseball player for the San Francisco Giants, son of another remarkable baseball player, Bobby Bonds. Most notably, through 2005, Barry Bonds has hit 708 home runs, nearly tying Babe Ruth's record (714). Bonds’ stellar record is not admired by everyone. He has been embroiled in a debate over whether the illegal use of steroids enhanced his show-stopping performance at bat. Nevertheless, he has been named Most Valuable Player seven times, won eight Go
- Erminia Russo: Kelowna, British Columbia -- Volleyball player (1996 Olympics)
- Teri Schroeder: Newport Beach, California -- WPVA volleyballer (US Open-13-1993)
- Erwin F Finlay-Freundlich: British astronomer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?