Sunday 24 July 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mo-Do and Martin Keown.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Batman, directed by Leslie H. Martinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1966 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
Famous Birthdays:24 July
- Tony Lema: American golfer (d. 1966).
- 48th PGA Championship: Al Geiberger shoots a 280 at Firestone Country Club - Akron
- The New Orleans Square area opens at Disneyland. It cost US$18 million, and occupies three acres. Walt Disney and the mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, dedicate the area.
- Michael Pelkey makes the first BASE jump from El Capitan along with Brian Schubert. Both came out with broken bones. BASE jumping has now been banned from El Cap.
- U.N. Secretary General U Thant visits Moscow.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 July 1966
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?