Monday 24 July 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Skylander Girl .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
John Tucker Must Die, directed by Betty Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Angels Fall by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trawlermen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alex Rider: Stormbreaker or Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 24 July 2006 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- The United States Coast Guard and Alaska Air National Guard rescue twenty-three crew members from a capsized cargo ship south of the Aleutian Islands, on its way from Japan to Vancouver. (CBC)
- Talks among key World Trade Organisation (WTO) member countries to liberalise global trade (known as the Doha round) collapse after nearly five years of negotiations. (The Herald)
- Chadian President Idriss Déby fires Livestock Minister Mahamat Allamine Bourma Treye and Decentralization Minister Mahamat Abdoulaye, who served as the Livestock Minister in Déby's second term, accusing them of embezzling 277 million CFA Francs. (Yahoo!)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah announces in an interview with Al-Jazeera that he discussed the abduction of the two Israeli soldiers with Lebanese political leaders before the attack occurred. (Memri)
- Iraq War:
- Saddam Hussein, 69, the deposed former Iraqi President, has been force-fed in a Baghdad hospital through a tube after 16 days of hunger strike. (BBC)
- Two powerful bombs in Baghdad's Sadr City neighborhood kill at least 66. (Washington Post)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?