Tuesday 24 July 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 July 2007 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 July
- Chaney Kley: American actor coach and sportscaster (d. 2007).
- Five mountain climbers freeze to death in the Italian Alps. (Reuters via News Limited)
- People are evacuated from houses in Oxford due to the 2007 United Kingdom floods as the 350,000 people in Gloucestershire without running water are supplied with bottled water. (BBC)
- Tony Blair meets with Israeli and Palestinian leaders on his first trip to the region as a peace envoy. (Reuters)
- Republic of Macedonia, Albania and Serbian autonomous province of Kosovo are experiencing blackouts as a result of the 2007 European heatwave that spreads over the Balkans. It also causes bushfires everywhere in the region between Croatia, Hungary, Serbia and Greece. (BBC News)
- Team Astana retires from the 2007 Tour de France following Kazakh rider Alexander Vinokourov testing positive for a banned blood transfusion. (ICWales)
- New Haven, Connecticut becomes the first United States city to give identification cards to undocumented immigrants. (BBC)
- Pakistani militants fire rockets at the town of Bannu resulting in at least seven deaths and 30 injuries. (Reuters via Canada) In another attack in the North Waziristan region, about 35 militants attacked on security forces killing 4 and injuring 6.
- Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia, accuses the United Kingdom of ampquotcolonial thinkingampquot for wishing to extradite Andrei Lugovoi to face trial for the alleged murder of Alexander Litvinenko. (The Telegraph)
- Marie-Noëlle Thémereau resigns as the President of New Caledonia. (ABC News Australia)
- A boiler explosion in a towel factory in North Karachi kills 8 and injures 28.
- A suicide car bomber kills at least 22 people in the Iraqi town of Hilla. (BBC)
- Dozens of people are missing in Sulawesi, Indonesia as a result of recent floods and landslides. (BBC)
- The 5 Bulgarian nurses and the Palestinian assistant, imprisoned in Libya for 8 years and that had been sentenced to death, in several trials based on allegations of having inoculated AIDS to children, are leaving Libya and returning back to Sofia with Mrs Cécilia Sarkozy who negotiated their liberation. (Reuters Alertnet)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?