Thursday 24 July 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Step Brothers, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Call 911.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army of Two or Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 24 July 2008 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 July
- Norman Dello Joio: American composer (Born 1913).
- Ford Motor Company of the USA posts a record US$8.7 billion quarterly loss, due to slumping truck and SUV operations.
- Three former aides to former Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer and the former head of the New York State Police are charged with ethics violations over improper use of travel records of former Republican New York State Senate majority leader Joseph Bruno. (AP via Google News)
- Max Mosley, head of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, wins his privacy case against the ''News of the World'', after the paper alleged he took part in a Nazi-themed BDSM orgy. (BBC News)
- Voters in Glasgow East go to the polls for the Glasgow East by-election, 2008 with the Scottish National Party (SNP) claiming a historic victory over the Scottish Labour Party candidate after a massive swing in favour of the SNP. (''The Telegraph'')
- 2008 Beijing Olympics:
- Iranian weightlifter Hossein Rezazadeh pulls out of Olympics upon recommendation of the national team's medical commission. (AFP via Google News)
- The International Olympic Committee bans Iraq from participating in the 2008 Summer Olympics because the Government of Iraq seized control of Iraq's Olympic Committee. (Bloomberg)
- More than 200,000 people attend Obama’s speech at the Victory Column in Berlin, Germany -- the largest crowd Obama addressed throughout his presidential campaign. ( FactCheck.org)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 July 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?