Saturday 24 July 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Erotikon, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vacuum with Gal Gabai.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 101-in-1 Sports Party Megamix or Civilization V.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 July 2010 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 July
- Alex Higgins: Northern Irish snooker player (Born 1949).
- Over 80,000 people from around the world record their daily lives for submission to the YouTube documentary Life In A Day.
- The United States and South Korea begin showing off their navy and air force by maneuvering dozens of ships and planes and thousands of troops in the Sea of Japan with intent to ampquotrattleampquot North Korea. (BBC)
- The Royal Air Force tests fighter jets with which it intends to use to shoot down any rogue passenger planes. (BBC)
- A mass grave containing at least 50 tortured and burned corpses is unearthed east of Monterrey, Nuevo León, in Mexico. (BBC)
- France states its joint effort with Mauritania to free a French hostage is over, but no word is released on the whereabouts of the hostage or if he is even still alive. (Aljazeera)
- Rallies occur in Berlin, London, New York City, Paris, Ottawa and elsewhere, calling for the release of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, a woman facing execution for adultery in Iran. (BBC)
- Beginning of the 2010 European Go Championship in Tampere, Finland.
- More than half of Peru enters a state of emergency due to unusually cold weather. (BBC)
- Chinese floods:
- Premier Wen Jiabao wades through water in Wuhan to warn of further devastation. (BBC)
- The Yangtze River's Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze river reaches 158 metres and is about to overflow. (Aljazeera)
- BP announces it is to start drilling for oil off Libya. (''The Age'')
- The Lake Delhi Dam fails along the Maquoketa River in the U.S. state of Iowa. (CBS News)
- Two Spanish activists and a journalist arrested in an Israeli raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla file charges against Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu. (BBC)
- An investigation reveals that several dozen staff and contractors of the United States Department of Defense, some with high-level security clearances, allegedly downloaded child pornography an undisclosed number did so on government-owned computers. (''The Guardian'')
- In the United States House of Representatives, Republicans introduce Resolution 1553, which expresses United States support for Israeli use of any necessary military force to eliminate any threat it believes Iran poses. (Res. 1553)
- Prime Minister of Russia Vladimir Putin meets the Russian intelligence agents who were swapped with the United States. (BBC)
- 15th African Union summit in Kampala:
- African heads of state meet. (BBC)
- President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak opts not to attend, increasing concerns for his health. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?