Sunday 24 June 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 24 June 1906 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 June 1906 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
See other famous people born on 24 June
Bertrand Dubarry: Joigny physician.
Willard Maas: American educator and experimental filmmaker (d. 1971).
Pierre Fournier: French cellist who was called the "aristocrat of cellists," on account of his elegant musicianship and majestic sound.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
My Old Kentucky Home - Harry Macdonough
The Moon Has His Eyes On You - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Unlike some other reproductions of classic texts (1) We have not used OCR(Optical Character Recognition), as this leads to bad quality books with introduced typos. (2) In books where there are images such as portraits, maps, sketches etc We have ...
Illustrated with engravings and plates protected by tissue paper. The classic novel of post-Civil War Charleston life, a portrayal of the process of healing the wounds of war through reconciliation between Northerners and Southerners on a personal, not political, level.
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web.
Pickering's letter bringing news of my grandfather's death found me at Naples early in October. John Marshall Glenarm had died in June. He had left a will which gave me his property conditionally, Pickering wrote, and it was necessary for ...
Tell the world why 24 June 1906 is such a special date for you!