Thursday 24 June 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1909 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Jean Deslauriers: Canadian violinist composer and conductor (d. 1978).
- William Penney: Baron Penney English mathematician and physicist (d. 1991).
- Milton Katims New York City: conductor/violist (WOR-New York City).
- William G Penney: British physicist (1st British Atom Bomb).
- Sarah Orne Jewett: American writer (Born 1849).
- 15th US Golf Open: George Sargent shoots a 290 at Englewood Golf Club - New Jersey
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Schoolmates - Byron G. Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?