Saturday 24 June 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1911 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Juan Fangio: Argentinean race car driver; five times a champion in Formula One races.
- Ernesto Sabato: Argentinian physicist and academic (d. 2011).
- Carmen Tessier: Allaines Journalist.
- Juan Manuel Fangio: Argentine Formula One driver (d. 1995).
- George Liberace: American noted family, brother of the entertainer, Liberace.
- 17th US Golf Open: John McDermott shoots a 307 at Chicago Golf Club - Illinois
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - Ada Jones
- Day Dreams, Visions of Bliss - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?