Wednesday 24 June 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1914 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Pearl Witherington: French secret agent (d. 2008).
- Pearl Witherington CBE: British World War II secret agent (d. 2008).
- Jean R0Blin: Guer physician.
- Jan Karski: Polish World War II resistance movement fighter and later professor at Georgetown University.
- King Peter I of Serbia names son Alexander the Prince-regent
- In Manchester, NH, a downtown fire causes $400,000 damage and injures 19 firemen.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That's a Real Moving Picture from Life - Manuel Romain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?