Tuesday 24 June 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1924 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Ranasinghe Premadasa: President of Sri Lanka (1989-93).
- Brian Bevan: Australian rugby league footballer (d. 1991).
- Kurt Furgler: Swiss politician 70th President of the Swiss Confederation (d. 2008).
- Archie Roy: Scottish astronomer, academic and paranormal researcher.
- Jean Kerchbron: French television director.
- Michel Ragon: French writer and professor of literature and historian, an autodidact. Ragon lost his father at eight. When moving to Nantes at fourteen with his mother, he spent a lot of time in the libraries of the houses and apartments where his mother worked as a housekeeper. He discovers the works of Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Victor Hugo, Jules Verne, André Gide and frequently visits the art museum in Nantes. At the end of WWII, he moves to Paris where he meets artists and connects with the Cobra movement in
- 59th British Golf Open: Walter Hagen shoots a 301 at Hoylake Hoylake
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Spain - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Lazy - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?