Sunday 24 June 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yvan Delporte and Larry Foust.
The Racket, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1928 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Yvan Delporte: Belgian comics writer, and was editor-in-chief of Spirou magazine between 1955 and 1968 during a period considered by many the golden age of Franco-Belgian comics.
- Larry Foust: American athlete, played pro-basketball for 12 seasons from 1950-1962.
- Max Cros: France sport Champion.
- M Viswanathan: Indian singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2015).
- 32nd US Golf Open: Johnny Farrell shoots a 294 at Olympia Fields - Illinois
- A Swedish aeroplane rescues part of the Italian North Pole expedition, including Umberto Nobile. The Soviet icebreaker ''Krasin'' saves the rest July 12.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?