Tuesday 24 June 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Shame of Mary Boyle, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1930 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Herbert C Klien: (Rep-D-New Jersey).
- Claude Chabrol: French film director, screenwriter, producer, critic whose talents include acting, he is credited with giving rise to the French New Wave in cinematic history.
- Donald Gordon: South African businessman and philanthropist.
- William Ziff: Jr.
- William B Ziff: Jr.
- 1st radar detection of planes, Anacostia DC
- Ground is broken for construction of Cleveland Stadium
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?