Wednesday 24 June 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Dewavrin and Daniel Gill.
Suzy, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1936 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Daniel Dewavrin: French businessman and union leader.
- Daniel Gill: American accountant and CEO in charge of Bausch & Lomb, noted mostly for it's eye care products but also distributes dental supplies and hearing aids.
- Robert Downey: Director.
- Nandor Zsolt: Composer, dies at 49.
- Mary McLeod Bethune named Director of Negro Affairs in National Youth Administration
- Joe DiMaggio becomes 5th to hit two home runs in one inning, New York Yankees beat Saint Louis Browns 18-4.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?