Saturday 24 June 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John ''Charlie'' Whitney and Ticky Holgado.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1944 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- John ''Charlie'' Whitney: English guitarist (Family, Streetwalkers, Axis Point).
- Ticky Holgado: French actor and a frequent collaborator with Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
- Jeff Beck: English guitarist (The Yardbirds).
- Chris Wood: British saxophonist (Traffic) (Born 1944).
- David Berger: American-Israeli weightlifter (d. 1972).
- Nancy Cartwright: American philosopher and academic
- Kathryn Lasky: American author
- : English guitarist (Family Axis Point and Streetwalkers)
- Rio Gebhardt: Composer, dies at 36.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Milkman, Keep Those Bottles Quiet - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?