Saturday 24 June 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Destination Moon, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1950 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Derrick "Duckie" Simpson: Kingston, Jamaica -- Rocker (Black Uhuru).
- Nancy Allen in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Carrie, 1941, Robocop, Dress to Kill).
- Mercedes Lackey: American fantasy novelist.
- Nancy Allen: American actress.
- Bob Clarke: Irish photographer (d. 2006).
- Jan Kulczyk: Polish businessman (d. 2015)
- French government-Bidault resigns
- New York Giants' Wes Westrum hits three home runs and a triple.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?