Tuesday 24 June 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1952 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Stephen Pusey: British public artist.
- Dianna Melrose: English diplomat British High Commissioner to Tanzania.
- Bob Neill: English lawyer and politician.
- Lodewijk Mortelmans: Composer, dies at 84.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Vera Lynn - Auf Wiederseh'n Sweetheart
- Sugarbush - Doris Day & Frankie Laine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?