Monday 24 June 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Astro [Terrence Wilson] and Kate Goodale.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
3:10 to Yuma, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1957 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Astro [Terrence Wilson]: England, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist (UB40-Red Red Wine).
- Kate Goodale: American athlete who swam the Manhattan Marathon for three years in a row.
- Astro : Rapper.
- Mark Parkinson: American lawyer and politician 45th Governor of Kansas.
- I Love Lucy, last airs on CBS-TV
- In Roth v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment .
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?