Tuesday 24 June 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Curse of the Demon, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1958 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Jean Charest: Canadian politician, at his peak in government when Brian Mulroney resigned.
- Tommy Lister: Movie Actor.
- Victor M Gerena in New York City: New York, USA; security guard robbed US$7 million (FBI wanted).
- Kenneth Biros: American murderer (Born 1958).
- Tom Lister: Jr.
- Silvio Mondinelli: Italian mountaineer
- John Tortorella: American ice hockey player and coach
- Kathy Troccoli: American singer and author
- Mary Youngblood: Native American musician
- Victor Gerena: American thief who pulled off the largest and most publicized heist of the century when he confiscated $7 million from the Wells Fargo Depository in West Hartford, Connecticut on 9/12/83. The FBI and other government agencies followed every possible clue but he had successfully disappeared. Friends said that he loved his family, was usually mellow though he could have a temper but on the whole, was a real gentleman, smooth and easy going.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?