Monday 24 June 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Ivan's Childhood, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1963 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Duval Love: NFL guard (Arizona Cardinals).
- Preki (Predrag Radosavljevic): Serbian-born American soccer player.
- Yuri Kasparyan: Russian guitarist (Kino U-Piter).
- Preki : Serbian-American soccer player and coach.
- Mike Wieringo: American author and illustrator (d. 2007).
- 1st demonstration of home video recorder, at BBC Studios, London
- Levi Eshkol forms Israeli government
- Zanzibar granted internal self-government by Britain
- The United Kingdom grants Zanzibar internal self-government.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?