Saturday 24 June 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1967 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Richard Kruspe: Guitarist.
- Morten Klintø: Danish writer, the author of three books: "Blåt mærke" (Bruises, 2000), "Stjernekøkken" (Star Cuisine, 2001) and "Arkiv for skrøbelighed" (Archive of Fragility, 2004).
- Scott Oden: American writer.
- Richard Z Kruspe: German guitarist (Rammstein).
- Jeff Cease: Nashville, Tennessee -- Guitarist (Black Crowes-Shake Your Money Maker).
- Bill Huard: Welland, Ontario -- NHL left wing (Dallas Stars)
- Janez Lapajne: Slovenian director and producer
- John Limniatis: Greek-Canadian footballer and manager
- Sherry Stringfield: Colorado Springs, Colorado -- Actress (Laura-NYPD Blue, ER)
- Crystal Carson: Spaulding, Nebraska -- Actress (Cartel, Julia- General Hospital)
- Olaf Hampel: WLAF offensive linebacker (Frankfurt Galaxy, Rhein Fire)
- Pope Paul VI publishes encyclical Sacerdotalis coelibatus
- US Congress passes an Act to Authorize Adjustments of Outstanding Silver Certificates and Other Purposes. This allows the Treasury to write off amounts of silver certificates destroyed and remaining in collectors hands, and to cease redemptions in silver one year from adoption of the act.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- The Association - Windy
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Spanky and Our Gang - Sunday Will Never Be The Same
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?