Saturday 24 June 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Simon and Mitch Berger.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Chavo del Ocho.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1972 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Jose Simon: WLAF defensive tackle (Barcelona Dragons).
- Mitch Berger: Punter (Minnesota Vikings).
- Shawn King: NFL defensive end (Green Bay Packers, Carolina Panthers).
- Denis Zvegelj: Slovenian rower.
- Robbie McEwen: Australian cyclist.
- Denis Žvegelj: Slovenian rower
- Troglodyte (Cave Man) by Jimmy Castor Bunch peaks at #6
- Wake Island becomes unincorporated territory of US (US Air Force)
- Yvonne Braitwaite Burke becomes 1st Black Chair of Democratic Convention
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?