Thursday 24 June 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
The Thing, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1982 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Kevin Kleinberg: American actor.
- Xavier Ziani: French horse racing jockey, a rider of Arabian horses.
- Clint Bajada: Maltese television and radio presenter.
- Kevin Nolan: English footballer.
- Mark Penney: Canadian director and producer.
- Jarret Stoll: Canadian ice hockey player
- Equal Rights Amendment goes down to defeat
- Soyuz T-6 Launch (USSR)
- Jean-Loup Chretien, first spacionaut, two others, lift off (Soyuz T-16).
- ''The Jakarta Incident'': British Airways Flight 9 flies into a cloud of volcanic ash thrown up by the eruption of Mount Galunggung, resulting in the failure of all four engines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Toto - Rosanna
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Dazz Band - Let It Whip
- Juice Newton - Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?