Friday 24 June 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Lloyd Cruz and Rebecca Cooke.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Twilight Zone: The Movie, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Konsul Möllers Erben.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman or Jr. Pac-Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1983 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- John Lloyd Cruz: Filipino actor.
- Rebecca Cooke: English swimmer.
- John Cruz: Filipino actor.
- Gianni Munari: Italian footballer.
- Gard Nilssen: Norwegian drummer (Puma Bushman's Revenge).
- David Shillington: Australian rugby player
- 7th Space Shuttle Mission-Challenger 2 lands at Edwards AFB
- Don Sutton becomes 8th pitcher to strikeout 3,000 batters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?