Wednesday 24 June 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serdar Gunes and Lionel Messi.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Spaceballs, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Misery by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dom za nashite deca.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Karyssia: Queen of Diamonds or Joe Blade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1987!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1987 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Serdar Gunes: Turkish footballer.
- Lionel Messi: Argentine soccer player, an Olympic gold medal winner (2008) and holder of several titles, including Champions League and La Liga titles.
- Pierre Vaultier: French snowboarder, known for having won the gold medal in snowboard cross (Olympics, Sochi 2014) with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, and for being the French double (clone) of Serbian Tennis player Novak Djokovic.
- Gustav Wood: Rock Singer.
- Claudia Feliciano: Rapper.
- LiSA : Japanese singer-songwriter
- Briana Blair: American porn actress and model
- Simona Dobrá: Czech tennis player
- Serdar Güneş: Turkish footballer
- Craig Henderson: New Zealand footballer
- Arturo Lupoli: Italian footballer
- Josh Lillis: English footballer
- Jackie Gleason: American comedian, the top male star of his day and TV's biggest star in the 50s for his show "The Honeymooners.
- Salt Lake City Trappers begin pro baseball record 29 consecutive win streak
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?