Tuesday 24 June 1997
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans.
In UK Mmm Bop by Hanson was in the top 5 hits.
Face/Off, directed by John Woo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time or Dark Law: Meaning of Death.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1997!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1997 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 June
- 4-1, Mark McGwire his a 538 foot HR
- Melissa Drexler, 18, charged with killing her baby during her prom
- Seat Mariner Randy Johnson strikes out 19 Oakland Athletics but loses
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 1997
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- Hanson - MMMbop
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
- Bone Thugs N Harmony - Look Into My Eyes
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face) - Rome
- Tim McGraw - It's Your Love
- Changing Faces - G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T
- The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?