Saturday 24 June 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil Wears Prada, directed by David Frankel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 24 June 2006 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 June
- In Germany, 378 people (including 122 England fans) are arrested after a violent confrontation between England supporters and Germany supporters in Stuttgart. Approximately 60,000 England supporters are present in Stuttgart for Sunday's World Cup second round game with Ecuador. (BBC)
- Current Bolivian Minister of Hydrocarbons Andrés Soliz Rada asks Bolivia’s chief prosecutor to issue charges against former heads of Enron, its subsidiary Prisma Energy International, former President of Bolivia Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada, former Vice President Víctor Hugo Cárdenas, former Enron director for Bolivia Peter E. Weidler, several ministers during Sánchez's 1993-1997 presidency, and former executives of Bolivia's state oil company for “contracts damaging to the state, contravening the
- President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo of Philippines signs a law that repeals the death penalty. (Sun Star)
- In Vietnam, President Trần Đức Lương, Prime Minister Phan Văn Khải and the Chairman of the Assembly Nguyen Van An resign, citing old age. (BBC)
- In Gaza, Israel captures two civilian Palestinian brothers in an overnight raid, in the Muamar family detention incident. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?