Wednesday 24 June 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
My Sister's Keeper, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! or Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 24 June 2009 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 June
- Togo abolishes the death penalty. (BBC)
- China blocks Google services. (''The Guardian'')
- A flute carved over 35,000 years ago, and thought to be the oldest musical instrument in the world, is unearthed in Germany. (''The New York Times'')
- Mark Sanford, Governor of the U.S. state of South Carolina, admits to adultery with an Argentine woman and resigns as Chairman of the Republican Governors Association. (Politico)
- Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei declares the recent election result will stand. (RTÉ)
- Further violent clashes break out in Tehran. (''The New York Times'')
- A number of Britons are arrested in Tehran following clashes between protesters and police, Iran state television reports. (Sky News)
- At least 43 people are killed by United States aircraft in South Waziristan, Pakistan. (RTÉ)
- The Chinese government formally arrests dissident Liu Xiaobo on charges of state subversion. (Press TV)
- The United States is to send an ambassador to Syria after an absence of four years. (Al-Arabiya)
- A bomb kills two people and injures six others in Chechnya, Russia. (RIA Novosti)
- Former detainees allege abuses at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. (AFP)
- More than 60 are killed and 150 are injured after a bombing in Baghdad. (BBC)
- Seven members of Bolivia's Mennonite Christian community are detained over the alleged rape of 60 women or girls from their own community. (Reuters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?