Friday 24 March 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1950 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Brian May: American broadcaster, the originator of a station called Malibu Folk that was syndicated to more than 40 public radio stations.
- Gary Wichard: American football player and agent (d. 2011).
- James Rudolph Garfield: American politician (Born 1865).
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Richard Button
- Gracie de Moss wins LPGA Pro-Ladies Golf Championship.
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Yvonne C Sherman.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?