Thursday 24 March 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Frankie and Johnny, directed by Frederick de Cordova, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1966 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Penny Toler: WNBA guard (Los Angeles Sparks).
- Valérie Lang: French actress, daughter of former minister of culture, Jack Lang (2 September 1939).
- Floyd Heard: American sprinter and coach.
- Selective Service announces college deferments based on performance
- US Selective Service announces college deferments based on performance.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 March 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?