Monday 24 March 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yoko Zetterlund in San Francisco and Houston .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1969 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Yoko Zetterlund in San Francisco: California, USA; volleyball setter (Olympics-bronze-1992, 1996).
- Houston : American pornographic actress.
- Joseph Kasavubu: President of Congo (1960-65), dies at about age 55.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?