Sunday 24 March 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dark Lady by Cher.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
The Sugarland Express, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1974 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Terry Killens: linebacker (Tennessee Oilers).
- Alyson Hannigan: American actress.
- Tado : Filipino comedian and actor (d. 2014).
- RJ Rosales: Filipino-Australian singer and actor (d. 2011).
- Chad Butler: Dutch-American drummer (Switchfoot).
- Sergey Klyugin: Russian high jumper
- 36th NCAA Men's Basketball Championship: North Carolina State beats Marquette 76-64; this ends UCLA's 7-year reign as NCAA basketball champions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?