Monday 24 March 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luke Edwards in Nevada City and Karin Frick.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Another Brick In The Wall (Part II) by Pink Floyd.
In UK Together We Are Beautiful by Fern Kinney was in the top 5 hits.
The Changeling, directed by Peter Medak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strumpet City.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Berzerk or Windfall.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1980!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1980 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Luke Edwards in Nevada City: California; actor (Newsie).
- Karin Frick: Swedish television presenter.
- Tassos Venetis: Greek footballer.
- Oscar Romero: El Salvadorian ecclesiastic, an activist Roman Catholic Archbishop of San Salvador and martyr.
- Capitol Records releases some rare Beatles tracks
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Blondie - Call Me
- Rupert Holmes - Him
- Too Hot - Kool & The Gang
- Shalamar - The Second Time Around
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Linda Ronstadt - How Do I Make You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?