Thursday 24 March 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Beetlejuice, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1988 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Aiga Grabuste: Latvian heptathlete.
- Ryan Higgins: Zimbabwean cricketer.
- Matías Martínez: Argentinian footballer.
- Kardo Ploomipuu: Estonian swimmer.
- Sharmin Ratna: Bangladeshi target shooter.
- Jean-Guillaume Béatrix: French biathlete, he won two silver medals with the French relay at the World championships (2012 and 13) and a bronze one in the pursuit at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Gospel at Colonus opens at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC for 61 performances
- Quarterback Dan Fouts retires.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- The Jets - Rocket 2 U
- Def Leppard - Hysteria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 March 1988 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?