Wednesday 24 May 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Moth, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1911 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Luciano Minguzzi: Italian artist and sculptor.
- Georgette Monneron: French criminal, a murderer and one of the last women to be sentenced to death and executed in France.
- Michel Pecheux: France sport Champion.
- Barbara West: English survivor of the Sinking of the RMS Titanic (d. 2007).
- Mexican Revolution: Government troops fire at anti-Diaz demonstrators in Mexico City, killing about 200 (officials claim only 40).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Aida - Duet, Act IV: Aida a Me Togliesti (Aida Thou Hast Taken) - Enrico Caruso
- I Love It - American Quartet
- Gems from Babes in Toyland - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?